Tuesday 20 August 2013

Jump For My Love

Yes I know I just quoted a Pointer Sisters/ Girls Aloud song but I do love a good jumpsuit...In fact one of my wardrobe staples, I have four and am still lusting over some newbies.

During the heat wave I went up to London for a night out. Now what does one wear out drinking in the middle of our muggy capital?  To avoid sweat marks, stay clear of thunder thigh chafing and to stand out from the crowd. Low and behold my choice, the Topshop Pop Floral Print Jumpsuit.



Must admit I wasn't smitten when I first saw it on the website but when I tried this on in the shop I had pushed up the legs to reveal more calf and had slipped into a pair of heels I knew this was the outfit for me. £60 I could justify as I could also wear it to work dressed up with a smart jacket and casually during the day and will definitely take on holiday to wear with flip flops or wedges.

The jumpsuit is true to size and although tight fitted there was still room to show Soho my moves without a rip to the seams. The only negative, which reviewers have posted about is that the straps are slightly too long, nothing that a needle and thread can't fix though.

Before finding this beauty, I had tried on Topshop's Strappy V Neck Jumpsuit but for the £45 price tag it didn't give me the wow factor. That together with the fact it made my arse look married to my ankles...no thank you unforgiving elasticated waist and loose material!



Here is the Bright Pink version, however when the jumpsuit doesn't even seem to fit the model correctly...please note her left hand side waist...this does not scream buy me.




Now we are approaching Autumn/ Winter this Michael Kors Blue Long Sleeve Pocketed Navy Jumpsuit has caught my eye. The masculine boiler suit look is offset with the gorgeous colour, detachable leather belt and buttoned front - throw on a pair of heels with subtle jewellery and this girl means business.



If money were no object I would without a doubt buy this Diesel Patterned Jumpsuit from ASOS, however at a bank manager grilling of £220 the closest I will come will be in my dreams.






Not only are the colours beautifully matched, the cut of the v shaped neckline and sleeveless design together with the straight trouser leg is my idea of a perfect Autumn jumpsuit.

If you are looking to buy a jumpsuit, I would recommend the below:

1. Make sure you are comfortable, if it means testing out dropping your purse and picking it up in the dressing room then by all means do. There is nothing worse then a stiff woman in a jumpsuit too scared to move!

2. For the narrow trouser leg that is cut off above the ankle, ensure you have your best heels to hand as this will not long add a dose of sexy but will make your legs appear even slimmer.

3. Long leg jumpsuits are perfect for curvy ladies and playsuits look better on shorter women.

4. If you have got a big bust please avoid bandeau style jumpsuits, a V shaped cut is far more flattering and elegant and will mean your friend will not have to use the "code word" if one of your twins decides on a night out!

5. If you are a jumpsuit virgin start off with a black number. This can be brought in at the waist with a skinny belt and dressed up with some chandelier earrings with either an up do or styled hair. Dressed with a pair of pumps and coloured jacket for a office attraction. Or styled with a hat and long necklace for the beach.



You may be thinking shock horror she has gone a whole blog without mentioning the Z word (Zara) but I am afraid to report, and I do hope you can prove me wrong but their jumpsuits are either non existent, there is nothing in their current range or when they do have them they are not for me. (Sorry Zara your still my number one.)

Do you share my passion for jumpsuits? Which cuts are your favourite?

Until next time ladies, Jump Around!







No comments:

Post a Comment