Sunday 25 August 2013

Pants to this bank holiday!

The autumn bank holiday weekend can only mean one thing - drunk nights out followed by cosy afternoons moving very slowly (and eating your body weight in carbs!) Oh and to aid a hung-over day and to make my excuses more excusable it peed down with rain on Saturday so I felt no guilt in wearing my pyjama bottoms all day.

Please note there will be no personal photos in the blog as no make up was worn and the camera was well within the drawer.

I could go on and on for days about different materials, lengths and styles but for the purpose of this blog (and because the hangover has really started to kick in) I have narrowed the search to full length, loose fitting, soft lounge bottoms.

I can tell you that the comfiest bottoms known in my wardrobe are from Abercrombie and Fitch. I bought a chocolate brown pair from New York 5years ago and they have been well worn but have kept their softness and shape. There is a great range on their website, some online exclusives. I adore these dark grey with a splash of hot pink bottoms. A&F Lounge Sweatpants
Most popular choice amongst my male and female companions are CK pjs, they are stylish both in the bed and for around the house. 

Available from House of Fraser their Paisley Print Wovens Pyjama Pant print is by far my favourite.


Closely followed by their new Peony Persuasion Print Wovens Pyjama Pant.





A few weeks ago I went to stay with a friend and had packed in a rush, forgetting nightwear. She lent me her Blue Blanc Mange bottoms and I contemplated slipping them into my bag the next day. My friend purchased hers at an event but you can buy online too. They are only in their third year of trade and have a small collection but you cannot beat a check pyjama print.

At £35 a pair for 100% super soft brushed cotton these really are worth their asking price and their website has a great order form with stock details and sizes all on the same page. Something other clothing retailers could benefit from if you ask me.

I am particularly fond of their Monserrat pj's
As well as their yellow/ pink check Alberta pj's
I am a huge fan of Nutmeg Sleepwear as a brand, I think their combination of beautiful prints and fair-trade cotton with their Made in Britain (Lewes, East Sussex in fact) make a lovely present for loved ones and yourself. Available to buy from Not On The High Street and through their own website with a 10% discount if you quote TWEET10 this sleepwear store is one to check out.


Chinoiserie Organic Print features an exotic bird print amongst peach and blue flowers.




Bluebirds Organic Pyjama Trouser features a exquisite bird print on a navy background.



Pants to Poverty is another brand I have huge respect for. Founded in 2005 their company produces pants that are gorgeous and affordable, in a way that supports, rather than destroys, all of the wonderful people that make them! They can be purchased online or through a number of stockists, they have a limited range of pyjama bottoms but their Apple Striped woven pair are easy to wear teamed up with a plain vest or tee and you can lounge in the fact you are part of a sustainable solution for the farmers and factories in India!


 


After writing this blog I now have the huge urge to go and put my pjs on, so excuse me whilst I do and I may even take a nap because after all that is what long bank holiday weekends to me are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment