Friday 16 August 2013

What do you get when you mix Cornflower and Lemon?

Wow what a great response from my first post, thank you to everyone who read and shared it - hopefully onwards and upwards!

Today, Friday 16 August I had work and I decided to wear my new purchases that I had spontaneously made online over the weekend.


 

Now when I first stepped out the house this morning I was quite pleased with my 8am decision, however at around 1pm I caught sight of my outfit in the mirror and all I could see was this fella....
 
 
 
Turns out I am not the only person who thinks navy and yellow complement each other!
 
Unlike the hero next door I wore a Cornflower Boyfriend Blazer from Hush which was an absolute bargain at £20 from £55.
 
Also available in Fuchsia in all sizes so click away if you like it. The styling on this model is gorgeous and the fuchsia and khaki colours sit very well together for a summer style.
 
 
 


I wouldn't have paid full price for the jacket but at £20 this is a great adaptable wardrobe addition. It is quite long which sits well on my 5ft 6 figure and the sleeves are easily pushed up to show off your arm candy.

It is a cross between a jacket and a cardigan, at 100% cotton you can put at a 30C wash and tumble dry - which it looks like we may soon have to do if this miserable weather stays...eurgh!

Have a look around the Hush website, at 60% off there are some real treats still for grabs. Before the sale I had my eye on their Havana Short Dress so snapped it up when it was also reduced to £20 from £50. Perfect for my upcoming holiday to style for a night out or during the day. I took the reviews advice to get a size up because it is tight around the bust area, so if you would like this or their Havana Maxi Dress I advise you do the same.
 


 
 


Underneath the jacket I wore my trusty Topshop silk vest in navy and another stringed top under that.

Moving on to my trousers I decided to take a punt on the Zara Animal Print Flocked pair, at £9.99 from £39.99 from their Premium Denim Collection I knew these would be comfortable and long lasting. I do love Zara trousers and you can tell the difference between their PDC and TRF collections. The TRF are around £20 but unfortunately every pair I have owned seem to rip! (No, I have not been lunging and star jumping!) Has anyone else found this?

 
 
These pictures give you more of an idea of the lemon colour and print then from my camera.



On my feet I wore these bad boys...they are me down to the last stud. Now I am not one for day time heel, in fact whenever I wear heels I normally end up arse over tit but for work I can manage a wedged heel. So low and behold another Zara £20 bargain however this time from last season so they are no longer available.

 
 
Accessorise wise I wore my Michael Kors watch - more on her in a separate blog soon.
 
A leopard print cuff from Love Is Boutique and this cute necklace from Accessorize.
 
 

What impulsive bargains have you stumbled across recently people I would love to see your comments below...

That was my Friday Fashion, what has been yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment